Applications are now open for membership of the Wild Horse Scientific Advisory Panel.
The Panel will provide rigorous scientific and technical advice to the Office of Environment and Heritage to inform preparation of a draft wild horse heritage management plan for Kosciuszko National Park to be prepared under the Kosciuszko Wild Horse Heritage Act 2018.
Nominations are invited from persons with expertise and skills in one or more of the following areas:
- cultural heritage assessment and management
- animal welfare and veterinary science
- animal population survey, modelling and statistical analysis
- horse ecology (including demography, reproduction and behaviour) and/or horse population control techniques
- vertebrate pest species management, including assessment of impacts to natural and cultural values
- biology and ecology of the flora and fauna of the Australian Alps / Kosciuszko National Park and associated alpine, sub alpine and montane ecosystems
- soil erosion and soil processes.
The size of the Panel will be determined based on the range of expertise received in nominations. If additional scientific expertise is required, further appointments may be made.
Panel appointments will initially be for 12 months.
How to apply:
- Contact: For further information on the panel and how to apply, please go to: https://www.environment.nsw.gov.au/NPWS/AdvisoryCommittees.htm
- Inquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications close: Close of business Friday, 21 December 2018.