|Location||Tamworth & North West NSW, Australia|
|Date Posted||August 13, 2020|
|Contact Name||Stuart Munro|
|Contact Phone||0421 442 784|
WHS Coordinator - Meat Transport | Animal Welfare
About our client
Our client is a large Australian transport company. They are currently seeking a WHS Coordinator.
About the Role
As the WHS Coordinator you will ensure the WHS systems are managed in compliance with legislation, regulation, codes of practice and industry standards. You will work closely with our WHS Manager and Site Manager to plan and coordinate safety initiatives including WHS training for new employees, assisting with site audits, safety inspections, review & development policies & procedures, incident investigations and toolbox talks.
Your responsibilities will also include
- Developing, implementing and managing best practice and continually improving the systems
- Liaise with internal stakeholders to drive culture of safety in the manufacturing facility.
- Reduce risk, raise awareness and improve practices of WHS in line with industry regulations
- Identifying high risks, creating relevant policies as well as refining existing ones
- Document safety protocols and policies and procedures
- Work with a cross-functional team and communicate effectively with internal stakeholders and management.
- Communicate timely and effective status to management and platforms.
- You will have extensive experience in a similar safety role within a meat manufacturing /transport environment.
- Animal Welfare - Poultry experience (desirable)
- You will have demonstrated experience influencing and providing advice to senior managers and colleagues.
- Tertiary qualifications relating to Workplace Health and Safety is desirable.
- Proven experience in risk assessments, safety audits, safety investigations.
- Solid understanding of safety related legislation and regulations.
- Previous experience using internal systems to track and record safety data.
- Thorough practical knowledge of Health & Safety Legislation and Regulations.
- Experience managing, motivating and directing a team.
This is a great opportunity to work in a supportive working environment. On offer is a Competitive salary packaging. For any further questions please feel free to call Stuart Munro on 0421 442 784
Please confirm closing dates at original source link and ensure you take note of appropriate time zones for position closing times. Please note, Veterinarycareers.com.au takes no responsibility for closing dates or removal of job positions advertised.
For next steps in application please register below.