|Location||New Haven, Connecticut|
|Date Posted||August 25, 2020|
Veterinary Diagnostic Consultant - New Haven, CT
Communicating the true value of our veterinary diagnostic and technology products and services is at the heart of our IDEXX’s commercial business. Our sales professionals develop deep and meaningful relationships offering solutions to meet our customers' unique needs.
As a Veterinary Diagnostic Consultant, you will be on the front lines working to build strong relationships with our Veterinary customers to help sell IDEXX’s medical device diagnostics portfolio of products. In this field sales role, you will engage customers through knowledgeable interactions, business discussions and educational opportunities about what IDEXX has to offer. You will leverage your consultative selling techniques to translate customer needs into diagnostic solutions that leverage IDEXX's suite of products and services. In helping veterinary practices grow their diagnostic revenue, you will establish yourself as a valued partner.
What you can expect in this role?
- You will leverage your ability to independently manage your territory and customer base in order to increase the recurring diagnostic revenue year over as well as attain quarterly medical device equipment sales. By increasing the utilization of in-house diagnostic tests and assays, instrument consumables and reference laboratory profiles and advanced tests among your customer base, you will in turn, increase the recurring revenue.
- You will have the opportunity to collaborate and “co-sell” with other IDEXX sales professionals in the region to close the capital equipment and technology.
- Being able to educate and train veterinary clinic staff about products, services and marketing initiatives, including how to engage customer service is an important part of your role. In order to do this, you will maintain comprehensive and up-to-date knowledge of IDEXX's products and services.
- You’ll be responsible for communicating customer needs as well as competitive issues to both IDEXX's marketing organization and your business unit manager. This 2-way customer loop will also require you to partner with and assist laboratory operations to ensure that customer questions and service issues are satisfactorily addressed and resolved.
- You will present IDEXX's values to our customers in a professional manner, including an understanding of our industry, veterinary practice, customers, technology, operations and processes.
- You will have the opportunity to attend trade shows and other educational events in the region.
- You’ll be asked to manage IDEXX expenses and resources in line with company guidelines and directives
What you need to succeed
- You possess bachelor's or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- You have 5 or more years of proven experience successfully managing your own sales territory
- Your territory management sales experience has been in the veterinary/animal health industry, Human Healthcare medical device sales, dental device sales, and/or prior capital equipment sales.
- You are able to work well with others in a highly team oriented, collaborative, sales environment
- You are able to meet the requirements of a field sales role that include but are not limited to extensive car travel (company car provided), occasional travel overnight if needed, as well as flexibility for potential weekend work (as needed) to attend tradeshows or other occasion meeting, and are able to lift up to 60 pounds.
- This is veterinary sales; you should be comfortable with going into veterinary clinic and hospital environments.
We’re proud of the work we do, because our work matters. An innovation leader in every industry we serve, we follow our Purpose and Guiding Principles to help pet owners worldwide keep their companion animals healthy and happy, to ensure safe drinking water for billions, and to help farmers protect livestock and poultry from disease. We have customers in over 175 countries and a global workforce of over 9,000 talented people.
So, what does that mean for you? We enrich the livelihoods of our employees with a positive and respectful work culture that embraces challenges and encourages learning and discovery. At IDEXX, you will be supported by competitive compensation, incentives, and benefits while enjoying purposeful work that drives improvement.
Let’s pursue what matters together.
Please confirm closing dates at original source link and ensure you take note of appropriate time zones for position closing times. Please note, Veterinarycareers.com.au takes no responsibility for closing dates or removal of job positions advertised.
For next steps in application please register below.