|Date Posted||August 24, 2020|
|Salary||$117,469 up to $131,451|
Veterinarian Manager and Senior Advisor Veterinarian
You may be the veterinarian we’re looking for, if you:
- are a graduate of a Veterinary Medicine program
- are eligible for membership in a Canadian veterinary association
- have worked in clinical practice or a regulatory environment
- are looking to take on a leadership role while having an excellent work-life balance
If this sounds like you, read on!
Who we are
We are the Veterinary Drugs Directorate. We are a trusted scientific and regulatory authority for veterinary drugs in Canada within the Health Products and Food Branch at Health Canada. We work to protect:
- human and animal health
- the safety of Canada’s food supply
Working with us offers veterinarians a unique opportunity to contribute to the safety, quality and efficacy of the veterinary field. We offer an intellectually stimulating environment where your decision-making process will consider, among other things:
- public health
- clinical aspects
- principles of pharmacology
Your role with us
The duties of these positions may include, but are not limited to:
- providing senior clinical guidance and management overview during the review and approval of veterinary drug submissions and clinical trials.
- providing support and advice to senior management on key veterinary drug issues and stakeholder relations.
- establishing and promoting strategic intelligence networks related to pre-market evaluations and post market surveillance of veterinary drugs.
Senior advisor veterinarian
- analyzing, evaluating and approving complex veterinary drug submissions and clinical trials processes.
- providing organizational strategies and guidance for projects requiring an authoritative level of veterinary science expertise.
- contributing to the development and implementation of regulations.
- designing and preparing guidelines for manufacturers’ veterinary drug submissions and providing expertise to assist manufacturers in achieving the goals of safety, quality and effectiveness for veterinary drugs.
- Contributing to regulatory international cooperation for pre-market evaluations and post market surveillance of veterinary drug submissions.
Who we’re looking for
Education and occupational certification
- a graduate from a recognized school of veterinary medicine.
- a graduate with a Masters or Ph.D. from a recognized post-secondary institution with specialization in a field related to the duties of the position.
- eligible for membership in a Canadian veterinary association.
Your experience is:
- three (3) years in clinical practice or working in a regulatory or research capacity
- working with multidisciplinary scientific teams engaged in the resolution of complex and time-sensitive issues
- reviewing, researching, and analyzing scientific and technical information and producing scientific reports
- providing expert scientific or clinical advice and recommendations to various audiences
- building collaborative partnerships and working relationships with a variety of internal/external stakeholders, such as academic and research institutions and provincial or territorial associations
These additional experiences could distinguish you from other candidates:
- representing an organization on national and/or international committees, meetings or forums
- directing and conducting the evaluation of scientific data related to animal health issues
You are able to:
- achieve results
- inspire and mobilize people
- create vision and strategy
- uphold integrity and respect/ be respectful of diversity
- communication effectively (orally and in writing)
- collaborate with partners and stakeholders
- promote innovation and guide change
For more information on these competencies, please visit the Key Leadership Competency .
Your Linguistic Profile
We are seeking bilingual candidates (English and French) at the:
- Intermediate Level for the Veterinary Senior Advisor position
- Advanced Level for the Veterinary Manager position
If you haven’t been assessed, don’t worry! We’ll send you for testing during the hiring process.
Reasons to choose a career with us
The salary for these positions ranges from $117,469 up to $131,451.
We offer a comprehensive health and dental insurance plan for you and your family members. The employer always pays Standard Coverage.
The Work Environment
Health Canada values your wellbeing and appreciates that you have a life outside work. We support our employees by encouraging work-life balance and wellness. Access to successful networking and mentoring programs support you through every step of your career. You’ll connect with managers from across the department and with peers at various experience levels.
We currently have vacancies in the National Capital Region (Ottawa, ON). Ottawa has an abundance of parks and waterways for you and your family to explore. In addition, it’s only a short 20-minute drive to Gatineau Park, which offers biking, golfing, hiking, swimming and skiing. If you like to eat out, Ottawa has everything from the most amazing food trucks to fine dining prepared by award-winning chefs. You can also take in an event at the National Art Centre or visit one of many summer music festivals. There may also be options to telework from your current location.
The Initial Appointees Relocation Program provides newly appointed employees with the sum of up to five thousand dollars ($5,000.00). Alternatively, there may be opportunities to work remotely.
Who can apply
Persons residing in Canada, Canadian citizens residing abroad, and Permanent Residents.
We will consider all candidates. Preference will be given to veterans and to Canadian citizens in that order.
How to apply
Email your resume and cover letter telling us how you have what we’re looking for.
If you have additional skills or certifications, please include them.
Send your application to: email@example.com
The fine print
We are committed to providing an inclusive and barrier-free work environment, starting with the hiring process. We promote employment equity and encourage designated groups such as women, persons with disabilities, members of visible minorities and Aboriginal persons to apply.
You are entitled to participate in the appointment process in the official language of your choice (English or French). Please indicate your preferred official language in your application.
Candidates with foreign educational credentials are required to provide proof of Canadian equivalency. Consult the Canadian Information Centre for International Credentialsfor further information.
This position requires a valid reliability security clearance. This can be obtained during the hiring process. We will initiate the security clearance process for candidates.
Please confirm closing dates at original source link and ensure you take note of appropriate time zones for position closing times. Please note, Veterinarycareers.com.au takes no responsibility for closing dates or removal of job positions advertised.
For next steps in application please register below.