|Location||West Liberty, Iowa|
|Date Posted||July 18, 2019|
OUR TEAM IS OUR BEST ASSET
About West Liberty Foods
West Liberty Foods was formed in 1996 under the guiding principles of the Iowa Turkey Growers Cooperative. Carrying on Iowa’s rich farming tradition, our grower/owners are committed to animal health and welfare while delivering superior-quality turkeys — a philosophy that has helped family farms grow and thrive for generations. The continued success of West Liberty Foods is due to the dedication, enthusiasm and support of our grower/owners.
Our mission is to be a leading food manufacturer by converting needs, ideas and expertise into value for our members, business partners and consumers.
West Liberty Foods manufactures hundreds of meat and poultry products that can be found in well-known grocery stores and top restaurant chains nationwide. Recognized as one of the top protein processors in North America, we have the capacity to produce over 650 million pounds of food products per year across our facilities. We are The Surprisingly Big Company®, and we’re right in your backyard.
Build your career with West Liberty Foods and be a part of an exciting, collaborative team environment!
We are currently searching for a Veterinarian for our corporate offices in West Liberty, Iowa.
The Veterinarian is responsible for the care and health of our grower's poultry. The Veterinarian will diagnose, treat, and research medical conditions and diseases of poultry.
- Travel and consult with poultry growers.
- Examine poultry to diagnose their health problems.
- Diagnose and treat poultry for medical conditions.
- Test for and vaccinate against diseases.
- Advise growers about general care, medical conditions, and treatments.
- Prescribe medication.
- Assist in managing animal husbandry programs within a large poultry company.
- Interact with growers and develop a relationship with the Live Production team.
- Manage3 diagnostic testing and manage animal health programs throughout the company.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Degreed Veterinarian from accredited institution with specific experience diagnosing and treating poultry. Turkey experience is highly desired.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience.
- Board certified to practice in the US.
- Able to become certified in the state of Iowa, Wisconsin, Illinois and Missouri.
- Willing to relocate and travel within above listed states and routinely visit farms to assess programs and consult on treatment regimes.
- Computer experience - Google Suite (Gmail, Docs, Sheets, Slides).
- Ability to communicate effectively with all levels of the organization.
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment of continuous change and challenges.
- Candidates must successfully pass post-offer/pre-employment drug test and background screen.
West Liberty Foods/Liberty Cold/Crystal Lake Farms is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
To be considered an applicant for this position, you must apply online on our careersite at https://careers.wlfoods.com/.
Please confirm closing dates at original source link and ensure you take note of appropriate time zones for position closing times. Please note, Veterinarycareers.com.au takes no responsibility for closing dates or removal of job positions advertised.
For next steps in application please register below.