|Location||Kingscote, Kangaroo Island, SA, Australia|
|Date Posted||April 7, 2021|
|Salary||$92,784 - $98,143 per annum|
33828485.pdf 377.58 kB
|Contact Name||Julie Hughes|
Kangaroo Island Landscape Board
Job reference: 431484
Location: 5223 - KINGSCOTE
Job status: Long Term Contract
Eligibility: Open to Everyone
The Team Leader, Animal and Plant Control (APC), is a pivotal role in managing pest animal and plant control for the Kangaroo Island Landscape Board (the Board). The Team Leader APC leads and manages several small teams that deliver the Board’s feral cat and pig control, as part of eradication programs that are currently in place, management of declared animals and control programs for priority weeds. Key areas of delivery include contractor management and project management, ensuring that annual work/operational plans, budgets and timelines for delivery are in place, supported by regular performance reporting. The role also ensures that KI feral animal and weed control programs are delivered in collaboration with the community and stakeholders to ensure programs address community concerns and effectively implement the outcomes of the KI Landscape Plan and Biosecurity Strategy.
- Position is based in Kingscote, Kangaroo Island.
- May be required to participate in fire management or associated duties.
- A current class “C” driver’s licence and willingness to drive is essential.
- Some out of normal hours work and intrastate travel involving overnight absences from home may be required as part of the position.
- This role has been designated as a Position of Trust pursuant to the standards required in the Australian Government Protective Security Policy Framework. By applying for this role you consent to being screened under the process of obtaining a National Police Clearance (NPC), and to the Board requiring you to obtain a National Police Clearance (NPC).
- The incumbent must be willing to undertake and satisfactorily complete within a reasonable period of commencing in the role – Accredited training that relates to the administration of the Landscape South Australia Act 2019
Applicants are to submit CV and letter of application (max 3 pages) addressing the technical, professional and qualifications outlined in the Role Description.
Please confirm closing dates at original source link and ensure you take note of appropriate time zones for position closing times. Please note, Veterinarycareers.com.au takes no responsibility for closing dates or removal of job positions advertised.
For next steps in application please register below.