|Location||Perth, WA, Australia|
|Date Posted||August 21, 2019|
|Salary||Available on asking|
|Contact Name||Recruitment Team|
|Contact Phone||(618) 9445 5333|
• Great opportunity to get involved with the Animal Welfare industry
• Work with an iconic WA brand
• Friendly and supportive team
Whether we’re driving up our turnover of over $2 billion a year, or supporting WA racing by distributing our profits to benefit our participants, we are 100% committed to providing a sustainable future for the WA Racing industry. We have to be - over 33,000 West Australians right across our state participate in it. At Racing and Wagering WA we take pride in making a difference.
Our unique business model means we provide career opportunities that are diverse, interesting and challenging. We know people contribute their best when their personal values and ours are one and the same – that means being positive and productive at work and enjoying our achievements together. Whatever your passion our success is a team sport
A unique opportunity has arisen within the Greyhounds As Pets (GAP) team for the role of Senior Behaviourist. We are seeking a proactive, pragmatic and flexible-minded individual with the skills, experience and passion required for supporting the rehoming of racing greyhounds. Reporting to the Manager Animal Welfare, this position will be responsible for leading the behavioural assessment of greyhounds for rehoming and implementing behaviour modification plans for greyhounds.
As part of the GAP team, you will be responsible for the effective delivery of GAP’s greyhound behaviour functions including intake assessments, the timely completion of in-care behavioural assessments, assessing greyhounds according to national GAP standards, and the development and implementation of behaviour modification programs for greyhounds at the GAP facility and in foster care. You will also lead and contribute to the development of programs and initiatives in the space of greyhound behaviour.
You will act as a key source of specialist behavioural knowledge for staff, volunteers, foster carers, greyhound racing industry participants and adoptive owners.
At times you will be required to be available on weekends and outside of standard business hours to assist with events and urgent matters.
- An in-depth knowledge of canine behaviour.
- A tertiary qualification (BSc, MSc, or BSc DVM MANZCVS) in an Animal Behaviour discipline
- Extensive experience (at least five years) in canine behaviour management including preparing, implementing and adapting canine behaviour modification programs.
- Experience of canine training using positive reinforcement techniques
- Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills and demonstrated abilities in liaising with internal and external customers
- Attention to detail and accuracy in the execution of work
- Analytical skills
- Prepared to work outside of normal business days/hours
- Well-developed computer literacy skills within the Microsoft Office/Windows Environment
- Current ‘C’ class driver’s licence
- Contribute to greyhound rehoming
- Contribute to an organisation that is unlike any other in WA
- Opportunity to work within a high achieving team
- Work within an organisation with a turnover of over 2 billion dollars
- Become part of an organisation committed to living our core values
How to apply
- Prepare a brief cover letter outlining how you meet each of the above criteria
- Include an indication of your salary expectations.
For more information about RWWA and this position, please visit our website. Applications should be forwarded by close of business Friday 13 September 2019
Please confirm closing dates at original source link and ensure you take note of appropriate time zones for position closing times. Please note, Veterinarycareers.com.au takes no responsibility for closing dates or removal of job positions advertised.
For next steps in application please register below.