|Location||Hanoi, Viet Nam|
|Date Posted||August 21, 2019|
|Salary||The position level is HG 13 and open to Vietnamese nationals. ILRI offers a competitive salary and benefits package for ILRI’s Nationally Recruited Staff.|
|Reference Number||RO- Vietnam /8/2019|
|Contact Name||Recruitment Team|
|Contact Phone||+84 24 3237 3995|
The International Livestock Research Institute (ILRI) seeks to recruit a Research Officer I to support the implementation of the Livestock CRP in Vietnam. This position is jointly employed by ILRI and CIAT in Vietnam.
ILRI works to improve food and nutritional security and reduce poverty in developing countries through research for efficient, safe and sustainable use of livestock. It is the only one of 15 CGIAR research centres dedicated entirely to animal agriculture research for the developing world. Co-hosted by Kenya and Ethiopia, it has regional or country offices and projects in East, South and Southeast Asia as well as Central, East, Southern and West Africa. www.ilri.org
ILRI and Center for Tropical Agriculture (CIAT) are implementing the CGIAR Research Program on Livestock in Vietnam. This program aims to translate the livestock research into integrated transformative pilot interventions leading to the improvement of livelihoods and diets/nutrition of ethnic communities in Northwest through sustainable livestock solutions. The program will use a system approach to look at the role of various livestock species and to support livelihood generation through backyard systems and value chain development. The program lasts from 2019 to 2021 and will be implemented in Son La province.
The Research Officer I – CRP Livestock will support the implementation of the Vietnam priority country project in the province of Son La, in collaboration with the different partner institutions.
- Coordinate field activities in Son La
- Facilitate participatory research, including assessments and community engagement, for livestock-related interventions
- Establish field trials and other experiments as per the Livestock CRP Vietnam project proposal
- Implement data collection and to assist in research analysis and reporting
- Coordinate with local partners and community groups in research planning, implementation, and monitoring and evaluation
- Ensure an efficient communication flow between local partners and the Livestock CRP Vietnam country team
- Undertake other relevant tasks as assigned by work supervisors
- Master’s degree in Livestock Sciences or Agriculture.
- Minimum 3-year experience in similar position
- Working experience with mixed crop-livestock systems
- Good understanding of integrated systems and environmental impacts of livestock production
- Experience in participatory research and management of field trials
- Experience with field work, data collection
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Capacity to work independently in remote areas and able to cope with heavy intermittent workloads extending beyond office hours
- Willingness to travel and to spend time in the field
- Ability to work in interdisciplinary and international team, very good interpersonal and communication skills.
- Excellent written and spoken English and Vietnamese
- Publication record (conference or paper) is preferred
Terms of Appointment
This is a Nationally Recruited Staff (NRS) position based at ILRI’s Hanoi Office, Vietnam for a 2 years fixed term period with the possibility of renewal, contingent upon individual performance and continued funding.
The position level is HG 13 and open to Vietnamese nationals. ILRI offers a competitive salary and benefits package for ILRI’s Nationally Recruited Staff.
How to apply: Applicants should send a cover letter and CV explaining their interest in the position, what they can bring to the job and the names and addresses (including telephone and email) of three referees who are knowledgeable about the candidate’s professional qualifications and work experience to the Director, People and Organizational Development through our recruitment portal by clicking on"Apply Now" on or before 3 September 2019. The position title and reference number REF: RO-Vietnam /8/2019 should be clearly marked on the subject line of the cover letter.
We thank all applicants for their interest in working for ILRI. Due to the volume of applications, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
ILRI does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process (application, interview meeting, processing or training). ILRI also does not concern itself with information on applicants' bank accounts.
To find out more about ILRI, visit our websites at http://www.ilri.org/
Please confirm closing dates at original source link and ensure you take note of appropriate time zones for position closing times. Please note, Veterinarycareers.com.au takes no responsibility for closing dates or removal of job positions advertised.
For next steps in application please register below.