|Date Posted||June 2, 2020|
We are seeking an ESG Research Analyst to join our research team in Canberra, to support our global screening research. We are recruiting for a permanent position.
The successful candidate will be part of our Sector-Based Screening (SBS) team conducts research and analysis into corporate involvement in controversial products such as tobacco, alcohol, gambling, as well as products that contribute positively to social and environmental challenges, such as renewable energy. The team compiles analysis reports covering over 20,000 companies across major global indices (large, mid and small cap). This research assists investors select investee companies in line with their policies for responsible investments, as well as implement compliance restrictions based on legislative requirements or clients’ ethical choices.
The analyst will be part of a team of specialists, located in Stockholm (Sweden), Manila (Philippines) and Rockville (United States). Therefore, the successful candidate will need to work both independently as well as collaboratively with their local team as well as colleagues abroad. Working in a dynamic market and international work environment, we put great emphasis on cooperation and offer a welcoming, collegial working atmosphere with a high level of workplace flexibility.
- Conduct desk research into corporate involvement in specific products and services based on company materials (e.g. annual reports, sustainability reports, company websites), specialized publications, as well as dialogue with companies and other stakeholders)
- Write standardised research reports and participate in peer review process
- Present research findings to clients and respond to client queries
- Participate in and contribute to team processes focused on strengthening our ESG product offering
- Proven research and analysis skills, two to four years of research experience is highly desirable
- Strong academic qualifications (degree in economics or in a field of relevance to the understanding of specific industries; e.g. agriculture, oil and gas, mining, utilities, pharmaceutical, biotechnology)
- Advanced use of Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
- Fluency in English; additional language capabilities are an asset
- Strong interest in business, finance and international politics
- Good understanding of ESG, responsible investment, and sustainability
- Attention to detail
- Excellent written communication and interpersonal skills
- Methodical and thorough approach to work
- Ability to work towards deadlines, manage tasks and prioritize
- A desire to show initiative
Interested applicants should include a cover letter along with the CV in English on a single file (PDF or MS Word). Applications without a cover letter won’t be taken into consideration.
Due to the great number of applications we receive for each of our open vacancies, we are unable to respond on an individual basis.
To all recruitment agencies: ISS does not accept unsolicited CVs/Resumes. Please do not forward CVs/Resumes to any ISS employee, location or website. ISS is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited CVs/Resumes.
Institutional Shareholder Services Inc. is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversifying its workforce. It is the policy of the Firm to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, age, sex, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, citizenship, disability, marital and civil partnership/union status, pregnancy (including unlawful discrimination on the basis of a legally protected pregnancy/maternity leave), veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Please confirm closing dates at original source link and ensure you take note of appropriate time zones for position closing times. Please note, Veterinarycareers.com.au takes no responsibility for closing dates or removal of job positions advertised.
For next steps in application please register below.