|Location||Two hospitals at Tighes Hill, Newcastle and Rutherford, Australia|
|Date Posted||July 15, 2019|
Veterinary Practice – Small Animal
Hunter Veterinary Hospitals
The Royal Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals New South Wales (RSPCA NSW) is Australia's pre-eminent animal welfare organisation. We provide a strong voice for animals experiencing cruelty and neglect. The RSPCA is committed to the care and welfare of animals, providing extensive professional facilities, including fully equipped veterinary hospitals and our state-wide shelter network, with approximately 500 staff across NSW to care for animals.
An exciting opportunity exists for an experienced veterinarian to join the team on a full-time basis. The Managing Veterinarian will be responsible for leading a large team of veterinarians and nursing staff across our two hospitals at Tighes Hill, Newcastle and Rutherford. We are looking for the right candidate focused on high standards of animal care and customer service. This role is supported by a practice manager, and the Veterinary Nursing Manager and supervisor.
The workload of the hospitals includes small animal private clinical cases. The hospitals also provide services for shelter animals, RSPCA Community Programs’ client animals and RSPCA Inspectorate cruelty cases. There is a large and varied caseload daily. The hospitals work closely with universities and TAFE to provide teaching and mentoring opportunities for interns and students.
The successful candidate will be required to work Monday to Friday with occasional weekends and public holidays. A component of clinical work is included in the role.
On a day-to-day basis, you will:
• Provide and ensure a high standard of service delivery at an operational level
• Lead, coach and develop staff to provide exceptional customer service and animal care
• Effectively run and operate the hospitals
• Manage budgets, expenses, recruitment and employee performance, including conducting performance and salary reviews
• Conduct consultations with private patients
• Undertake surgical procedures
• Maintain accurate and timely clinical records
• Support inspector cases, including veterinary treatment and appear in court as an expert witness
• Provide veterinary services to any animal under the care of RSPCA NSW
• Be able to lead project and change management initiatives
• Prepare and analyse relevant reports
To be successful in this role, candidates will need the following skills and experience:
• Tertiary qualifications in Veterinary Science (essential)
• Registration with the Veterinary Practitioners Board of NSW (essential)
• Tertiary qualifications in management or similar
• Minimum five years’ experience as a veterinarian within a veterinary practice
• Previous experience managing a team of veterinary surgeons
• Previous experience in leading a team, including recruitment and performance management
• Broad experience as a veterinary surgeon
• Highly developed diagnostic and surgical ability
• Highly developed organisational and time management skills
• High-level problem solving and analytical skills
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills
• Ability to lead and coach others
Applications closes 9 August 2019.
Please confirm closing dates at original source link and ensure you take note of appropriate time zones for position closing times. Please note, Veterinarycareers.com.au takes no responsibility for closing dates or removal of job positions advertised.
For next steps in application please register below.