|Location||Onderstepoor, South Africa|
|Date Posted||August 25, 2020|
Academic and University Positions
|Contact Name||MS MB Nyathela|
Internship: Small Animal and Production Animal Clinics, Faculty of Veterinary Science
FACULTY OF VETERINARY SCIENCE
ONDERSTEPOORT VETERINARY ACADEMIC HOSPITAL
INTERNSHIPS: SMALL ANIMAL AND PRODUCTION ANIMAL CLINICS
(12 MONTH CONTRACT APPOINTMENT)
PEROMNES POST LEVEL 10
In pursuit of the ideals of excellence and diversity, the University of Pretoria wishes to invite applications for the following vacancy.
The University of Pretoria's commitment to quality makes us one of the top research Universities in the country and gives us a competitive advantage in international science and technology development.
The Faculty of Veterinary Science is offering wonderful opportunities for Junior Veterinarians who want to gain more experience in the Small Animal-, or Production Animal Clinic and learn from the best specialists.
The Onderstepoort Veterinary Academic Hospital has the following vacancies for Interns in 2021:
- Small Animal Clinic (4 posts); and
- Production Animal Clinic (1 post).
The successful candidate will actively participate in the following areas:
- Clinical service in several sections of the Onderstepoort Veterinary Academic Hospital, including a 24-hour and week-end service;
- Administrative duties associated with clinical work;
- Assist with teaching and clinical/ practical training (including basic surgical skills) of undergraduate veterinary and veterinary nursing students;
- Assist clinicians with research and publications;
- Other clinical/ academic duties as delegated by the line manager; and
- Community engagement activities, including clinical duties at community clinics associated with the University.
- BVSc-degree or BVMCh or equivalent professional veterinary qualification;
- Registration/Authorisation as a Veterinarian with the SAVC;
- Acknowledged clinical expertise;
- Valid working visa (where relevant); and
- Adequate subject knowledge necessary for the post.
REQUIRED COMPETENCIES (SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND BEHAVIOURAL ATTRIBUTES):
- Appropriate language and communication skills;
- Good interpersonal skills;
- Good computer skills (Windows, MS Office, internet); and
- After-hours availability.
ADDED ADVANTAGE AND PREFERENCE:
- Commitment to further academic development.
Applicants are requested to apply online, quoting the applicable reference number.
In applying for this post, please attach:
- Letter indicating the post/s interested in;
- A comprehensive CV; and
- Names, e-mail addresses and telephone details of three referees whom we have permission to contact.
CLOSING DATE: 31 August 2020
No application will be considered after the closing date, or if it does not comply with at least the minimum requirements.
ENQUIRIES: MS MB Nyathela, firstname.lastname@example.org for application-related enquiries,
Dr Vanessa McClure, (Small Animals) email@example.com and Dr Rebone Moerane, (Production Animals) firstname.lastname@example.org for enquiries relating to the post content.
Should you not hear from the University of Pretoria by 27 November 2020, please accept that your application has been unsuccessful.
The University of Pretoria is committed to equality, employment equity and diversity.
In accordance with the Employment Equity Plan of the University and its Employment Equity goals and targets, preference will be given, but is not limited to candidates from under represented designated groups.
All candidates who comply with the requirements for appointment are invited to apply.
The University of Pretoria reserves the right not to make an appointment to the posts as advertised.
Please confirm closing dates at original source link and ensure you take note of appropriate time zones for position closing times. Please note, Veterinarycareers.com.au takes no responsibility for closing dates or removal of job positions advertised.
For next steps in application please register below.