|Location||Katherine, NT, Australia|
|Date Posted||June 17, 2020|
Veterinary Practice – Mixed Animal
EOI-Vet-Nurse-052020.pdf 273.57 kB
|Contact Name||Dr Samantha Phelan|
|Contact Phone||0428 818 244|
Expressions of interest are sought for Remote Northern Territory Community Veterinarian and Vet Nurse/Program Manager
Roper Gulf Regional Council is looking to recreate our animal management team for the next leg of the journey. We have an established in house veterinary model of care servicing 12 remote communities in our region.
Do you have an interest in public health, animal welfare and Indigenous culture? Would you like to travel in, and help protect some of the most beautiful wilderness areas of the Northern Territory?
Talk to us about what skill and experience you have to contribute to our team!
Over the last 3 years Roper Gulf Regional Council (RGRC) has established an in house veterinary program servicing the 12 remote Aboriginal communities in our region. We are now designing the right team to carry our program forward. Flexible workplace arrangements and seasonal contracts will be considered.
Our program brings significant benefits to communities by fostering a “One Health, One Welfare” model of animal management and care.
Our program is designed to:
- improve and maintain animal health and welfare in remote communities
- improve animal control via education, consultation and the development of culturally sensitive, acceptable and
effective animal management strategies
- create significant reduction in zoonotic disease transmission
- increase public safety and decrease animal based stressors for people living in remote communities
- enhance the human-animal bond by providing access to routine veterinary care, delivering animal behaviour
education and engaging with stakeholders to better enable responsible animal ownership
- decrease the potential for feral animal invasion of unique wilderness areas in the Northern Territory
- be responsible with Council funding, ensuring a financially accountable, sustainable and flexible program is