|Location||Gungahlin, ACT, Australia|
|Date Posted||September 28, 2019|
Veterinary Practice – Small Animal
|Contact Name||Practice Manager, Greta|
|Contact Phone||(02) 6242 7276|
Gungahlin Veterinary Services, comprising of Gungahlin Veterinary Hospital (mainly dogs) and the co-located Gungahlin Cat Hospital, is a large and busy small animal practice with an on-site, independent emergency service with whom we work very closely – meaning the hospital is open 24/7, 365 days a year but our staff do not have to work after hours or Sundays! We are an ASAVA Accredited Hospital of Excellence.
We’re looking for an experienced small animal vet to join our team with an immediate start available for the right candidate – we can consider full time, part time and locum arrangements. We are a purpose-built, modern hospital and the successful candidate will be working in a stimulating environment alongside a team of experienced and highly trained veterinarians, caring veterinary nurses and dedicated receptionists and support staff.
What we offer:
- Ongoing training and support – your skills will be appreciated and developed. You will be encouraged in your areas of special interest through CPD, DE and daily rounds.
- An exciting and varied caseload in a modern, progressive and fully equipped hospital.
- A generous salary commensurate with experience, including paid study leave.
- A set rotating roster, including the occasional Saturday.
- The opportunity to build upon your small animal skills with amazing clients.
- We also have excellent staff facilities – including a full size kitchen (kept stocked with some snacks, coffee and tea), a large and sunny staff room and a library.
The ideal candidate will have:
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience, mostly or exclusively with small animals, although new and recent graduates are also encouraged to apply
- Have excellent team work and communication skills
- Love being in a team environment,
- A desire to build long term relationships with some of the best clients in Australia.
A little more about us:
We actively promote preventative medicine, particularly in
- Animal behaviour (running 4-7 puppy classes per week),
- Orthopaedics (PennHIP and JPS),
- Nutrition and dental care, amongst other things.
We have two excellent ultrasonographers who receive referrals from other practices, a busy in-house laboratory, and do many interesting procedures and surgeries every day. We refer to an excellent team of specialists within Canberra and have both eye and dermatology specialists visiting on a regular basis.
Canberra Veterinary Emergency Service operates an after-hours emergency service from our premises, ensuring our in-patients get the best of overnight care and our clients have the peace of mind of on-site out of hours attention. It also means no out of hours duties for vets and nurses!
If you are interested in this position, please forward a covering letter and resume to the Directors at email@example.com. Alternatively, if you would like to find out more about the position or have a tour of the hospital, don’t hesitate to send an email or call us on (02) 6242 7276 and ask to speak with our Practice Manager, Greta.