|Date Posted||August 17, 2020|
Executive Manager Media, Marketing & PR
About RSPCA WA
The Royal Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals, Western Australia (RSPCA) is the State's leading voice in animal welfare. On an average day we employ around 80 staff and we also have the support of an amazing group of volunteers. Together, our team works diligently towards preventing animal cruelty.
About this opportunity
The position reports to the Chief Executive Officer, with the primary focus being to develop, drive and manage Media, Marketing & PR for the entire organisation through a well-planned and strategic approach that will increase understanding of the RSPCA’s animal welfare activities and improve engagement with a diverse range of stakeholders.
The role is responsible for driving increased media engagement across all platforms and mediums. It is also responsible to communications planning, issues management, proactive media and developing an integrated approach for communications across traditional and electronic mediums.
The successful applicant will also be a key media spokesperson for RSPCA WA.
- Provide expert media and public relations planning and advice to the organisation to ensure maximum effectiveness and outcomes aligned with the strategic plan.
- Research and write high level communication materials including media responses, publications, Livestock Welfare Matters and other supporter communications, briefing papers and speeches.
- Identify and develop thought leadership and Public Relations opportunities
- Develop PR, communications and media strategies which effectively support RSPCA advocacy campaigns, nationally and locally, gaining wider attention and support for animal welfare issues.
- Build and maintain strong working relationships with the media and stakeholders.
- Fulfil the role of media spokesperson for the organisation.
- Develop opportunities to build strong relationships with stakeholders including industry groups, government and corporate.
- Facilitate and develop media partnerships and relationships for expanded participation, editorial opportunities and support by media partners.
- Act as the first point of contact for all media enquiries and respond to enquiries from members of the community on behalf of the organisation.
- Develop and maintain a strong knowledge of animal welfare issues or engage with relevant sources to ensure content accuracy.
Skills & experience
- Tertiary qualifications in marketing, communications, journalism or similar fields
- Experience of dealing with media and public relations on complex and at times controversial corporate and policy topics
- Exceptional writing skills demonstrating attention to detail and understanding for the variety of mediums and audiences including the ability to research topics
- Demonstrated experience in the development of integrated media strategies, issues management plans, brand development activities and key messaging across traditional and electronic mediums
- Extensive experience in media liaison with a well-developed network of contacts across the West Australian media network
- Ability to effectively drive and manage a team to success
- Demonstrated ability in effectively addressing stakeholder issues and ability to build relationships and influence change
- Ability to consistently meet competing priorities and deadlines
- Ability to analyse and report on communications
We work hard and are dedicated in the fight to prevent animal cruelty. We are highly skilled and believe in what we do. Working at RSPCA WA means you get to develop your career in a dynamic environment where you are challenged and learn something new every day.
- It's a rewarding day at work when everything you do counts toward a great cause!
- Free onsite parking
- Discounted external veterinary services
Please send through your cover letter and resume - apply now!
Please confirm closing dates at original source link and ensure you take note of appropriate time zones for position closing times. Please note, Veterinarycareers.com.au takes no responsibility for closing dates or removal of job positions advertised.
For next steps in application please register below.
The application form will include these questions:
- How many years of people management experience do you have?
- How many years' experience do you have in a marketing role?
- Do you have experience in a role which requires relationship management experience?
- What's your expected annual base salary?
- How much notice are you required to give your current employer?