|Date Posted||August 25, 2020|
Director, Veterinary Public Health-209086
Position Boehringer Ingelheim as the leader in North America Veterinary Public Health (VPH) business segment by establishing, influencing and maintaining effective business revenue creation relationships with government and NGO decision makers that direct veterinary public health policy and programs. Within Boehringer Ingelheim Animal Health, manage all aspects of VPH commercial operations business including financial (P&L) oversight, product demand management and inventory control, in-line product life cycle planning, new product development strategy, business development & strategic planning in alignment with the VPH global strategic business unit, marketing tactics planning plus revenue-creation plan execution, contract management and client-focused engagement management.
As an employee of Boehringer Ingelheim, you will actively contribute to the discovery, development and delivery of our products to our patients and customers. Our global presence provides opportunity for all employees to collaborate internationally, offering visibility and opportunity to directly contribute to the companies' success. We realize that our strength and competitive advantage lie with our people. We support our employees in a number of ways to foster a healthy working environment, meaningful work, diversity and inclusion, mobility, networking and work-life balance. Our competitive compensation and benefit programs reflect Boehringer Ingelheim's high regard for our employees.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Business Management:
- Lead NA VPH P&L with focus on top line revenue creation combined with operation expense control in order to maximize bottom line profit potential and yield. Annual business plan (P&L) development, long-range strategic plan process management.
- Employ effective demand management strategies that provide clients product as required without excessive inventory reserves but allow for new business opportunity response and nil inventory destruction events. Included are efforts to conduct joint demand planning with clients. Provide efficient/effective product bank management strategies and tactics to the benefit of both BIAH and the clients.
- Work with internal manufacturing to monitor product cost of goods (COGS) by jointly explore options to reduce COGS through process efficiencies improvements, new methods for active ingredient production, improved product package/delivery and next generation life-cycle improvements including Eco-friendly design implementation.
- Strategic Planning: Vision/Mission/Objectives, market assessment, market research, opportunity analysis, product positioning, SWOT analysis, global Strategic Business Unit alignment, competitive analysis, revenue & expense planning
- Marketing and Revenue-Creation: market segmentation planning, promotional opportunity evaluation, development of product key message platform & campaigns, product promotional material development, client engagement, contingency planning and response plan management/resource allocation.
- Industry Engagement and Relationship Management: Integrated veterinary public health industry segment alliance management, key influence engagement of government and NGO entities, government transaction business model management driven by existing programs and unmet needs costs/benefits assessments. Client base includes, but is not limited to: USDA-APHIS, State Health Services,USDA-National Wildlife Research Center, State Agriculture Departments, State, Local & Provincial Public Health Agencies, State, Local & Provincial Animal Health Officers, CDC, CVB, CFIA, SAGARPA, USAHA, USDA-Foreign Animal Disease Diagnostic Laboratory
- Technical Support: product & disease knowledge training, technical training material development, client technical needs assessments, technical experts/key opinion leaders meetings, industry experts/consultants training, development of programmed product use protocols, adverse event protocols SOPs and responses, develop and implement compliance/regulatory standards
- VPH Staff Management: Resource allocation planning, job priority/process planning & time management, project/task assignments & skill assessment for job performance, functional requirements analysis & process improvement dialogue, individualized training & development, counseling & coaching, career development planning, performance review & ongoing employee evaluation, planning & coordinating, recruiting, reward & recognition programs and standards
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited institution required
- MBA, DVM, MS and/or PhD preferred
- Minimum of 10 years experience within Animal Health or related industry required
- Prior experience years working with government agency (USDA, CFIA, State/Provence Vet, State Department of Agriculture or Public Health, CDC, etc.) preferred
- Marketing/product management experience preferred with an orientation for revenue management
- Excellent listening/interpersonal/team building skills
- Fluency in English is required with fluency also in Spanish and/or French would be preferred
- Strong verbal/presentational/communication/negotiation skill are required along with computer literacy.
- Initiative to operate and succeed with minimal direct or regular supervision
- Highly adaptive/creative personality that uses change for new opportunity development
- Expert at alliance/relationship building/networking management
- Demonstrated ability to lead in a matrix environment and align work across functions
- Strong understanding of the animal health industry divers/market/trends and competitive landscape with the ability to analyze and predict disruptive events
Desired Experience, Skills, and Abilities:
- Wildlife biology experience desirable
- Experience with food producing animal industry and industry groups
- Successful leadership of business units and teams
- Financial forecasting and market forecasting experience
- End to end P&L responsibility
- Financial and market demand forecasting skills
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without restriction.
- Must be willing to take a drug test and post-offer physical (if required).
- Must be 18 years of age or older.
Who We Are:
At Boehringer Ingelheim we create value through innovation with one clear goal: to improve the lives of patients. We develop breakthrough therapies and innovative healthcare solutions in areas of unmet medical need for both humans and animals. As a family owned company we focus on long term performance. We are powered by 50.000 employees globally who nurture a diverse, collaborative and inclusive culture. Learning and development for all employees is key because your growth is our growth.
Want to learn more? Visit boehringer-ingelheim.com and join us in our effort to make more health.
Boehringer Ingelheim, including Boehringer Ingelheim Pharmaceuticals, Inc., Boehringer Ingelheim USA, Boehringer Ingelheim Animal Health USA Inc., Boehringer Ingelheim Animal Health Puerto Rico LLC and Boehringer Ingelheim Fremont, Inc. is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to a culturally diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race; color; creed; religion; national origin; age; ancestry; citizenship status, marital, domestic partnership or civil union status; gender, gender identity or expression; affectional or sexual orientation; pregnancy, childbirth or related medical condition; physical or psychiatric disability; veteran or military status; domestic violence victim status; genetic information (including the refusal to submit to genetic testing) or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
- US-Boehringer Ingelheim Animal Health
Please confirm closing dates at original source link and ensure you take note of appropriate time zones for position closing times. Please note, Veterinarycareers.com.au takes no responsibility for closing dates or removal of job positions advertised.
For next steps in application please register below.