|Date Posted||August 17, 2020|
|Salary||$74406 - $100090|
Data Analyst COVID 19 - Expression Of Interest
Job Category: Population Health | Population Health Managment
Job Location: Sydney Region
Job Reference Number: REQ181428
Work Type: Various
Total Remuneration Package: $74406 - $100090
Closing Date: 6/09/2020 - 11:59 PM
Everyone who is:
- an Australian Citizen, or
- a permanent resident of Australia, or
- a New Zealand citizen with a current New Zealand Passport, or
- a citizen of another country with an appropriate visa that allows you to work in Australia
- persons interested in helping NSW Health with the COVID-19 response can apply for this role
The Data Analyst is responsible for cleaning and preparing data from various sources for import into surveillance systems. The Data Analyst is responsible for providing high quality reliable data for the reporting team and other government users. The Data Analyst is responsible for analysis and enhancement of reporting data to provide high level and detailed daily, weekly and longer-term reports and visualisations. The Data Analyst will also respond to queries and information requests and other duties as required.
The PHRB is scheduled across 7 days a week over two shifts (8.30 am - 4 pm and 2.30 - 10 pm).
Classification: Health Manager Level 1
Prepare daily data extracts for import into the surveillance system.
Provide support for users working with reporting extracts in other government areas.
Liaise with data providers & subject matter experts to ensure correct translation between source data and stored data.
Prepare data for state-wide reporting.
Develop and maintain data pipeline code and improve code quality.
Work under time pressure to tight deadlines
High attention to detail required
Weekend work required
- Your availability will need to be across 7 days per week, for 5 shifts (morning and afternoon)
- Weekend and/or evening work will be required
What do I need to provide?
- Attach your current resume / curriculum vitae (CV) (maximum 5 pages) ONLY to the application
- Complete the pre-screening questions on the application form.
- Provide your availability including time frame/duration you are available.
- 2 x referees will need to be supplied prior to an offer being made.
- Current NSW Health, NSW Ministry of Health and NSW Government staff, must have their manager’s approval prior to expressing interest.
- This will be an off-payroll arrangement for current Public Sector Staff, your agency can invoice NSW Health for salary expenses.
- The team works on a shift work arrangement, you will be required to amend your working conditions to accommodate shift working.
Manager and Team leaders, of PHRB teams may review your expression of interest.
Our Commitment to Diversity
NSW Health values diversity and is committed to building an inclusive workplace culture that reflects the community we serve. We encourage applications from diverse community groups including Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, LGBTIQ+, those with special needs and people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds.
For any technical issues, contact Recruitment at HSSG-Recruitment@health.nsw.gov.au.
Please note that not everyone who expresses their interest will be called to work in the centres.