|Location||Cambridge, United Kingdom|
|Date Posted||August 25, 2020|
Academic and University Positions
|Salary||£41,526 - £52,559 or £55,751 - £59,135|
|Contact Name||Anna Hollis|
Clinical Teaching Associate/Clinical Training Lead Equine Internal MedicineClinical Teaching Associate £41,526 to £52,559 plus out of hours paymentClinical Training Lead £55,751 to £59,135 plus out of hours paymentWe require a full-time specialist in Equine Internal Medicine to join the Cambridge Equine Hospital team in the Queen's Veterinary School Hospital. The appointment will be as a Clinical Teaching Associate or Clinical Training Lead dependent upon experience. Further details on both roles are attached for reference.
You will take responsibility for practical and didactic teaching of clinical veterinary students, training and mentorship of Junior Clinical Training Scholars (interns), and for the further development of the referral internal medicine caseload in the hospital. There will be opportunities to undertake relevant clinical research, if desired.
You will have completed an ECEIM or ACVIM recognised residency in Equine Internal Medicine and:-
*Have a veterinary degree registerable with the Royal College of Veterinary Surgeons
* Have obtained or be eligible to sit the examination for the Diploma of the ECEIM or ACVIM
* Have documented clinical veterinary student and intern teaching experience
You should also have:-
* An understanding of the requirements of equine hospital work
* Sensitivity to the differing needs and career directions of co-workers and students
* Enthusiasm for their subject and good interpersonal and teaching skills in order to impart their skills and knowledge to others
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills
* The ability to work under pressure
* Clinical research interest and/or experience is not a requirement for the role, but will be encouraged and supported if desired
Informal enquiries should be directed to Anna Hollis by email email@example.com
Applicants should submit a CHRIS/6, CV, covering letter outlining suitability for the role and contact details for two references. Please ensure that you upload your Curriculum Vitae (CV) and a covering letter in the Upload section of the online application. If you upload any additional documents which have not been requested, we will not be able to consider these as part of your application.
For more information about the Department please visit www.vet.cam.ac.uk
Fixed-term: The funds for this post are available for 22 months in the first instance.
Click the 'Apply' button below to register an account with our recruitment system (if you have not already) and apply online.
Closing date for applications is 20 September 2020
Please quote reference PP23821 on your application and in any correspondence about this vacancy.
The University actively supports equality, diversity and inclusion and encourages applications from all sections of society.
The University has a responsibility to ensure that all employees are eligible to live and work in the UK.
- Clinical Teaching Associate Equine Medicine - Further Information
- Clinical Training Lead Equine Medicine Further Information
Please confirm closing dates at original source link and ensure you take note of appropriate time zones for position closing times. Please note, Veterinarycareers.com.au takes no responsibility for closing dates or removal of job positions advertised.
For next steps in application please register below.