|Location||Memphis, Tennessee, United States|
|Date Posted||September 23, 2019|
|Contact Name||Recruitment Team|
Are you a Clinical Pathologist with a client-centered approach to diagnostic pathology? Would you enjoy working in an environment that encourages collaboration and sharing of ideas? IDEXX has an exciting opportunity to join our busy reference laboratory in Memphis, Tennessee. You will be joining an innovative and fast-paced work environment with a strong focus on employee culture and development.
As a Clinical Pathologist with IDEXX, you will be responsible for gross and/or microscopic examination of clinical pathology specimens in order to provide clients with diagnostic evaluations, as well as any necessary follow-up consultation. A high-level of importance is placed on quality, timeliness, and customer service.
What to expect in this role:
- Meet caseload and turnaround expectations.
- Consult with and assist other pathologists as needed to promote collegiality.
- Interact with, advise and assist laboratory personnel in proper specimen processing techniques and function as the pathologist on duty.
- Promote the growth of IDEXX by actively participating in pathologist meetings and developing and maintaining professional relationships/contact with clients.
- Participate in the quality control programs.
- Maintain proficiency and develop diagnostic skills through regular continuing education.
- Time may be provided off from routine diagnostic responsibilities to allow the pathologist to engage in other professional activities as approved by management. Such activities should improve the function or professional reputation of IDEXX.
- May be responsible for periodic weekend duty.
Are you open to relocation?
Relocation assistance would be considered for a qualified candidate.
What do you need to succeed in this role?
- Doctor of Veterinary Medicine (DVM) required.
- Pathology Board Certified - American College of Veterinary Pathology (ACVP) or ECVP preferred.
- Familiarity with current topics and issues in clinical veterinary medicine.
- Ability to type and use dictation equipment.
- Excellent verbal and communication skills.
- A service oriented attitude.
- Ability to organize and prioritize work.
- Computer skills are required
- Extensive sitting and computer use
- This position involves potential for exposure to agents known to cause zoonotic disease and the use of hazardous materials (i.e., formalin, xylene).
IDEXX is an EOE/Minority/Female/Disabled Veteran employer
Please confirm closing dates at original source link and ensure you take note of appropriate time zones for position closing times. Please note, Veterinarycareers.com.au takes no responsibility for closing dates or removal of job positions advertised.
For next steps in application please register below.