|Location||Melbourne - Burwood, Australia|
|Date Posted||August 24, 2020|
Academic and University Positions
|Salary||$46.05 per hour|
|Contact Name||Lisa Van Duin|
Casual Research Compliance Administrator
Job no: 504044
Work type: Casual
Location: Melbourne - Burwood
Categories: Administration, Research
Salary Rate: Casual HEW 5 rates apply ($46.05 per hour)
Employment Type: Casual
The primary purpose of the Research Compliance Administrator is to undertake centralised administration processes relating to regulated materials and coordinate compliance activities including reporting. The role will update databases and website information and provide support for the Biosafety and Biosecurity Officer in fulfilling regulatory requirements associated with the safe use of hazardous research materials, inspection of certified facilities, facilitation of University-wide processes and improvement measures, and monitoring of the risk management system performance.
To be successful, you’ll have:
- An equivalent combination of education/training and experience or a Graduate qualification in a relevant discipline with experience relevant to the position.
- Relevant administrative experience in a tertiary education environment or equivalent.
- Demonstrated administrative and organisational skills, including an ability to prioritise tasks and to deal with competing demands and deadlines in a busy office environment.
- Excellent written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to produce clear and accurate communications that are appropriate for their intended audience.
- A capacity to understand the requirements of relevant Commonwealth and State legislation and guidelines and external regulatory authorities or funding bodies.
- Demonstrated ability to work cooperatively as a team member and to work independently where required.
- Ability to work with sensitive and confidential matters.
- Computer literacy in multiple software applications, including the Microsoft Office Suite, databases, internet and email.
- Experience in microbiology, biorisk management, biosafety or similar background experience is highly desirable.
Your key responsibilities will be to:
- Provide high level administrative and secretariat support to the Laboratory and Biosafety Committee (LBC), including arranging and supporting meetings of LBC by preparing agendas, minutes and correspondence as required.
- Maintain accurate records and tracking to facilitate the efficient management of regulated materials within the University, including permit, applications, certifications and the maintenance of records as per University and legislative requirements
- Assist in the compilation of required external and internal reports and update guidance materials, website information and training materials as required by the Biosafety and Biosecurity Officer.
- Provide high level general advice to the LBC and staff and students to enable them to comply with Commonwealth and State legislation covering:
- biohazardous materials
- gene technology
- biosecurity risk materials
- dual-use biological agents
- Implement and monitor a wide range of administrative tasks associated with biosafety and biosecurity, to ensure the efficient management of regulated materials within the University.
- Provide support to the Biosafety and Biosecurity Officer as required.
- Any other duties as directed, commensurate with the scope and classification of the position.
Position Description: PD - Research Compliance Administrator.pdf
Please ensure to include a resume and cover letter in your application.
For further information, please contact Lisa Van Duin, Biosafety and Biosecurity Officer, firstname.lastname@example.org
The flexible learning options we provide our students and our diverse team of professionals and academic experts has enabled us to achieve a 5-star rating by the prestigious university ranking organisation Quacquarelli Symonds. For eight consecutive years, we've achieved the highest level of overall student satisfaction among Victorian universities.
We have a network of campuses, learning centres and research centres across Victoria and corporate offices in Melbourne, China, Indonesia, India and Sri Lanka. Our online Cloud campus provides more than 13,000 students with access to state-of-the-art digital tools and direct access to world-renowned academics.
As a Victorian university with a global impact, Deakin is translating its research into commercial outcomes that will help drive innovation for Australia’s economy.
Please confirm closing dates at original source link and ensure you take note of appropriate time zones for position closing times. Please note, Veterinarycareers.com.au takes no responsibility for closing dates or removal of job positions advertised.
For next steps in application please register below.