|Date Posted||August 13, 2020|
Associate Manager / Manager Scientific Affairs
Date: Aug 10, 2020
Location: Topeka, KS, US
Relocation Assistance Offered Within Country
# 87261 - Topeka, Kansas, United States
Hill’s Pet Nutrition is a $2.3 Billion, global division of Colgate-Palmolive Company and the maker of Prescription Diet, Science Diet, and Healthy Advantage brand pet food. Our mission is to help enrich and lengthen the special relationships between people and their pets by providing the best leading-edge pet nutrition technology, products, and expertise to pet owners, veterinary professionals and other key pet professionals worldwide. Our company is a globally recognized Best Place to Work.
The Associate Manager/ Manager Scientific Affairs is based out of our global headquarters in Topeka, KS, and is a part of the U.S. Professional & Veterinary Affairs (USPVA) team. This position is responsible for scientific leadership that results in endorsement and active recommendation of Hill’s products and provides scientific and nutritional expertise for Hill’s U.S. This position ensures that Hill’s is recognized as a scientific and innovative leader in the veterinary profession and plays an integral role in ensuring veterinary practitioners and specialists understand and have current scientific information about Hill’s products and programs. The individual in this position will have a very influential role with Key Thought Leaders, building relationships,
managing feeding trials, developing specialist education materials and developing/managing programs that elevate Hill’s as a Key Thought Leader partner of choice.
Key Responsibilities include :
Grow Advocacy for Hill’s products
- Develop USPVA Key Thought Leader strategy, work with cross functional teams to execute strategies
- Develop specialist level content and serve as scientific voice at key customer meetings and veterinary conferences
- Identify and communicate insights and upcoming topics in the field of veterinary clinical nutrition
- Review & provide feedback on technical accuracy of US educational and marketing materials for field team and Hill’s customers
- Coordinate with Education Team to support internal training of field team
- Support Hill’s Veterinary Consultation Service (VCS) with training and nutrition information. Share VCS insights with cross-functional partners.
- Provide technical product-related information and answer scientific product-related and nutrition questions as needed for the U.S. commercial teams
- Support innovation by facilitating communication between cross-functional and commercial partners
- Support networking studies and other research related projects
- Develop and activate digital tools to improve efficiency and effectiveness
- Identify the appropriate content and speaker resources to support requests for customer education events
- Support the Hill’s / Kansas State University CVM partnership as adjunct faculty, assisting in the development of the nutrition curriculum, and mentoring the nutrition/primary care intern.
- Engage KTL speakers to support external education events (Hill’s symposia at conferences, webinars, Hill’s @Home, etc). Help to identify and develop up and coming KTLs, and promote a diverse pool of speakers.
- Support the biannual nutrition resident training program at KState
- Provide leadership, management, coaching, and development for the Scientific Communication Specialist
- Encourage and mentor USPVA team members who are pursuing ACVN credentials
- Prepare and coach internal candidates for their ACVN examinations after completion of a residency training program
- DVM or equivalent with current veterinary license and 3 years of experience in related field
- Completion of at least one year internship and a minimum of 2 years in residency training and/or clinical practice and being eligible to sit the ACVN/ACVIM Board examinations
- Proficiency with digital tools and platforms
- Animal health industry experience
- Advanced degree(s) in relevant disciplines
- Board certified in veterinary nutrition or internal medicine
- Highly competitive pay and benefits package that starts the first day of employment (medical/dental/vision)
- Annual tuition reimbursement up to $10,000
- Opportunities for training and advancement
- Professional, ethical, drug free environment
Equal Opportunity Employer
Colgate is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, ethnicity, age, disability, marital status, veteran status (United States positions), or any other characteristic protected by law.
Are you interested in working for Hill's Pet Nutrition? You can apply online and attach all relevant documents such as a cover letter and resume or CV. Applications received by e-mail are not considered in the selection process. Become part of our team. We look forward to your application.
Work that matters, fueled by passion for pets! At Hill’s we have a purpose. Every day around the world, we transform the lives of millions of pet families through pioneering innovation, amazing nutrition, and the best and brightest people. Founded more than 75 years ago with an unwavering commitment to pet nutrition, Hills' mission is to help enrich and lengthen the special relationships between people and their pets.
HILL'S® Prescription Diet® therapeutic pet foods, HILL'S® Science Diet® and HILL'S® Ideal Balance™ wellness pet foods are sold worldwide. Hill’s is a division of Colgate-Palmolive, a leading global consumer products company, tightly focused on Oral Care, Personal Care, Home Care and Pet Nutrition, with sales of products in more than 200 countries. To learn more about Hill's and Colgate, please visit http://www.hillspet.com and http://www.colgatepalmolive.com, or find us on LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter and YouTube.
Reasonable accommodation during the application process is available for persons with disabilities. Please contact Application_Accommodation@colpal.com with the subject "Accommodation Request" should you require accommodation.
Please confirm closing dates at original source link and ensure you take note of appropriate time zones for position closing times. Please note, Veterinarycareers.com.au takes no responsibility for closing dates or removal of job positions advertised.
For next steps in application please register below.