|Location||Outside of Tucsan, Arizona, United States|
|Date Posted||September 9, 2019|
Academic and University Positions
|Contact Name||Dr. Walt Klimecki|
The successful candidate for this position will have the rare opportunity to build this content “from the ground up” within a team of content and pedagogy experts who will be “reverse-designing” a complete pre-clinical and clinical veterinary medical curriculum. A commitment to joining and contributing to an academic culture of active learning is essential for the successful candidate. Opportunities to engage in scholarly activities related to veterinary medicine are encouraged, but not required, in this position.
The University of Arizona College of Veterinary Medicine is in its inaugural year, and as a new college, provides individuals the rare opportunity to be a member of the founding team and to help establish the culture and processes of the College. The Mission of the University of Arizona College of Veterinary Medicine is to develop day-one, career ready veterinarians that will be innovative, adaptive learners and disruptive problem-solvers who will lead meaningful lives and serve society in the 4th industrial revolution economy. These goals will be accomplished through evidence-based excellence in teaching and learning, and engagement with world-class researchers solving society’s challenges.
Outstanding UA benefits include health, dental, and vision insurance plans; life insurance and disability programs; paid vacation, sick leave, and holidays; UA/ASU/NAU tuition reduction for the employee and qualified family members; state and optional retirement plans; access to UA recreation and cultural activities; and more!
The University of Arizona has been recognized for our innovative work-life programs. For more information about working at the University of Arizona and relocations services, please click here.
Duties & Responsibilities
• Participate as a team member in development of the veterinary medical doctorate curriculum, with particular focus on providing leadership in content selection, design, and depth of coverage within particular organ-system course(s)
• Contribute to the integrated development of skills-based and practice-based coursework (clinical skills course, professional skills course, one-health course) to ensure horizontal and vertical integration of preclinical coursework and integration of preclinical coursework to the clinical year
• Deliver curriculum content to veterinary students within the CVM vision of evidence-based pedagogy, in which students take substantial ownership of their learning, and student classroom time is focused on collaborative application of content (as opposed to a focus on delivery of content)
• Provide reasonable out-of-classroom availability to veterinary students for office hours and scheduled meetings to assist students with learning
• Engage in ongoing assessment and professional development aimed at the lifelong process of improving teaching and learning skills
• Engage in the CVM collegial community, the university community, and the larger global academic community through participation in shared governance, advisory committees, and academic/professional society meetings Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities Minimum Qualifications • DVM degree (or international equivalent)
• Clinical experience sufficient to contribute to development of curricular content in organ system courses, clinical skills courses, professional skills courses, or one-health courses. Preferred Qualifications • Specialty board certification
• Experience in veterinary medical education
• Experience in veterinary medical curriculum development
• Experience or interest in contemporary evidence-based teaching and learning methodology Rank To be determined. Tenure Information Career-Track (CT) FLSA Exempt FTE 1.0 Full Time/Part Time Full Time Number of Hours Worked per Week 40 Benefits Eligible Yes - Full Benefits Posted Rate of Pay DOE Job Category Faculty Type of criminal background check required: Name-based criminal background check (non-security sensitive)
Associate Dean for Academic Programs and Faculty Affairs
UA College of Veterinary Medicine
email@example.com Open Date 08/16/2019 Close Date Open Until Filled Yes Review Begins On 09/03/2019 Special Instructions Summary Please note: You will be required to provide contact information for a minimum of three professional references within your application. Should you be selected as a finalist for this position, for your convenience, your references may receive an automatic email. This email will ask your references to complete a brief questionnaire in regard to your suitability for the position as well as request the attachment of a letter of recommendation. These letters of recommendation must be uploaded directly via the UACareers.com website by your reference provider. UACareers.com is not compatible with any “dossier aggregate” system (e.g., Interfolio, Intellimedia). Diversity Statement At the University of Arizona, we value our inclusive climate because we know that diversity in experiences and perspectives is vital to advancing innovation, critical thinking, solving complex problems, and creating an inclusive academic community. As an Hispanic-serving institution, we translate these values into action by seeking individuals who have experience and expertise working with diverse students, colleagues, and constituencies. Because we seek a workforce with a wide range of perspectives and experiences, we provide equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or genetic information. As an Employer of National Service, we also welcome alumni of AmeriCorps, Peace Corps, and other national service programs and others who will help us advance our Inclusive Excellence initiative aimed at creating a university that values student, staff and faculty engagement in addressing issues of diversity and inclusiveness. Quick Link for Internal Postings http://uacareers.com/postings/40765
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Where did you first learn about this position?
- Arizona Daily Star
- Arizona Republic
- Chronicle of Higher Education
- Department of Economic Security (DES)
- Diverse Issues in Higher Education
- Hispanic Outlook in Higher Education
- Local Job Banks
- Pima County One-Stop
- Professional Conference
- Professional journal/publication
- Referred by UA Employee
- Invited by Dept to Apply
- UA Website
- * Do you have a DVM degree (or international equivalent)?
Documents Needed to Apply
- Cover Letter
- Curriculum Vitae
Please confirm closing dates at original source link and ensure you take note of appropriate time zones for position closing times. Please note, Veterinarycareers.com.au takes no responsibility for closing dates or removal of job positions advertised.
For next steps in application please register below.