|Location||Sydney; CBD, Inner West & Eastern Suburbs, Australia|
|Date Posted||August 10, 2020|
Animal Technician or Attendant
Applications are invited from motivated individuals who want to work with laboratory rodents in a medical research environment. We are seeking a full time animal attendant or technician commensurate on experience.
Duties common between the two roles will include cage and room hygiene, cage wash, preparation of materials for sterilization, glassware, routine mouse husbandry and other duties as required. This is a busy role, requiring repetitive lifting and is ideally suited to an active, enthusiastic person.
The animal technician role will require more specialised tasks including sample collection, breeding and staff training.
The essential skills for this position include:
- Concern for animal welfare
- Enthusiasm and self-motivation
- Ability to work on your own and as part of a team
- Excellent communication skills
- A demonstrated commitment to Work Health and Safety
In addition to the above, the animal technician will require:
- Minimum 2 years working in a laboratory animal facility
- Tertiary qualifications in animal science or technology (TAFE or university)
- Demonstrated experience managing transgenic and knockout mouse breeding colonies
- Experience in mouse biomethods including sample collection, injections and bleeds
For any queries: please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Salary will be dependent on qualifications and experience of the successful candidate.
To apply for the role: please email your application to email@example.com or use the link provided.
Applications must include:
- covering letter addressing the essential skills,
- curriculum vitae (CV) including academic transcript, and
- full contact details of at least three recent professional referees
Applications close: 28th August 2020
Centenary Institute of Cancer Medicine And Cell Biology is a centre of excellence in medical research affiliated with the Royal Prince Alfred Hospital and the University of Sydney located at Camperdown.
For more information about Centenary please visit our website www.centenary.org.au
The Centenary Institute supports The Centenary Institute supports Equal Employment Opportunity. We value diversity and encourage applications from women, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders, people with disability, LGBTIQ individuals and applicants of diverse cultures and ages.
The application form will include these questions:
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- What's your expected annual base salary?
Please confirm closing dates at original source link and ensure you take note of appropriate time zones for position closing times. Please note, Veterinarycareers.com.au takes no responsibility for closing dates or removal of job positions advertised.
For next steps in application please register below.