|Date Posted||July 18, 2019|
Veterinary Practice – Small Animal
|Contact Name||Dr Jacqui von Hoff|
|Contact Phone||03 9770 5555|
We offer a supportive working environment with an emphasis on team work. Our purpose is to deliver high standards of patient and customer care during the difficult time when our pets have an emergency. Our case-load is incredibly varied and cases can be exciting, often challenging, but very rewarding. We have everything you will need to practice at your best including multi-parameter patient monitors, in-house laboratory, ultrasound, endoscopy, digital radiography and mechanical ventilation.
We are also closer than you think! With Melbourne freeways we are only 30 minutes from Mt Waverley, Murumbeena, Ferntree Gully, Narre Warren, Black Rock and Rosebud.
AEC Frankston are looking for a full-time veterinarian to join our team! In line with the operating hours of the centre you will be required to work weekends, days, nights and public holiday shifts allowing for a flexible roster. There is a mixture of sole charge work and work with other vets on shift as we continue to increase our staffing in-line with our expanding business.
We have vets on staff who have been with the AEC for over 10 years and have membership qualifications as well as a residency program. We have vets with specific training and mentoring roles to ensure that we can help you grow and learn in ECC. We aim to provide a supportive environment and focus on your training and development. We provide formal orientation and a 12 module induction program, provide supervised time on shift with a senior vet for one-on-one learning, fortnightly didactic training groups, Journal club, MMR as well as VIN, AVA and VECCS memberships. We also provide support for study towards membership examination. We offer 5 weeks paid annual leave and access to a continuing education allowance and 1 week paid study leave.
To be successful in this role you will possess the following:
- A minimum of 2 years’ experience as a Veterinarian with a keen interest in emergency medicine with previous experience in Emergency and Critical Care highly regarded;
- Current registration with the Veterinary Practitioners Registration Board of Victoria;
- Strong communication skills and the ability to build effective working relationships with clients, employees and referring vets;
- Current user’s License for Ionising Radiation;
- Ability to work efficiently and independently and be committed to providing optimal patient care and timely reporting on treatment progress to our referring clinicians;
- Exceptional organisation and communication skills (written and verbal);
- Flexible, adaptable and a positive ‘can do’ attitude!
Please confirm closing dates at original source link and ensure you take note of appropriate time zones for position closing times. Please note, Veterinarycareers.com.au takes no responsibility for closing dates or removal of job positions advertised.
For next steps in application please register below.