As we prepare for the 19th International Congress on Infectious Diseases to be held in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia in collaboration with the Malaysian Society for Infectious Diseases and Chemotherapy (MSIDC), ISID seeks member input.
The 19th ICID Organizing Committee will allocate up to two sessions during the 19th
ICID for ISID member-proposed symposia. You are welcome to submit a proposal for consideration by January 31, 2019. Symposia are 1.5 hours long and should include three speakers. Each speaker is asked to prepare a 20-minute presentation to be followed by a 5-minute question and answer period. ISID will reimburse economy airfare, accommodation and conference registration for invited speakers.
Symposia proposals must meet the following requirements and format:
- The symposium should address an infectious diseases challenge of particular importance to low and middle-income countries.
- Three speakers, all from different countries, must be included.
- At least one speaker should be from the WHO Southeast Asia region – the region hosting the 19th ICID.
- Symposia including at least one young investigator (40 years or younger) will be given highest priority.
- Proposals will not be considered either from, or including associates of ISID (current & former Executive and Council members, Emerging Leaders and ProMED staff)
Symposia will be reviewed and scored by members of the 19th ICID Organizing Committee.
We look forward to hearing from you with your ideas.
ISID Program Director