Veterinary Clinician (Equine), The University of Adelaide, Adelaide South Australia
Applications close onÂ Â 17 June 2018
Work type: Full time
Categories: Veterinary, Education
About the company:
The University of Adelaide is one of Australia’s leading Group of Eight, research-intensive universities and is consistently ranked among the top 1% of universities in the world. Established in 1874, it is Australia’s third oldest university with a strong reputation for preparing educated leaders and delivering research outcomes that contribute to local, national and global wellbeing.
University of Adelaide employees enjoy a range of benefits and favourable work conditions that include opportunities for career development and advancement.
The Veterinary Health Centre (VHC) is the Schoolâ€™s clinical teaching facility which operates on a commercial basis, offering a range of first opinion, ambulatory and specialist veterinary services across all animal species to the general public and referring veterinarians. As a unit of VHC, the Equine Health and Performance Centre (EHPC) is a state-of-the-art primary practice and referral care veterinary clinic offering the latest technology, equipment and professional services to the horse-owning community. The EHPC offers high quality first opinion, referral and 24/7 emergency and critical care veterinary services to the public, including a day and afterhours ambulatory (on site) service, and provides a clinical training environment for final year veterinary students working under the close supervision of experienced veterinary surgeons, nurses and support staff.
About the role:
Reporting to the service lead, the veterinary clinician provides a range of high quality equine veterinary services to the local community including general care and preventative health services. Working as part of a clinical team you will have the opportunity to provide emergency after hours services on weeknights and weekends. First opinion veterinarians can internally refer to specialist in surgery, internal medicine, Therio and anaesthesia with the opportunity to work together offering the best in patient care. Nursing staff are trained to support veterinarians in general, emergency and critical care cases. The centre also provides a clinical training environment for final year veterinary students and interns working under the close supervision of experienced veterinary surgeons and support staff demonstrating the highest standard of clinical and professional behaviour.
Salary and Benefits:
Salary: (HEO7) $85,105 – $95,231 per annum plus 17% superannuation contribution and on-call shift allowances.
- On campus free parking
- Staff discounts for veterinary service and products
- Private medical insurance discounts (BUPA)
- Cafeteria on site
- Library access, digital on line resources
- Counseling support services (employment assistant program)
- Discounts for University continuing education courses
- On site gym, sporting facilities and swimming pool
Visa sponsorship and relocation package available for the right candidate.
Term of position: This continuing position is available immediately.
- Veterinary qualification with eligibility to be registered as a veterinarian in South Australia
- Proven veterinary experience in Equine first opinion practice and emergency care
- Demonstrated high level of professionalism including outstanding interpersonal skills to work effectively with a diverse range of clients and as a member of a team
- Demonstrated enthusiasm and proven experience in assisting and supporting teaching activities and mentoring others
- Demonstrated high level written communication skills, including the ability to keep detailed, accurate medical records and write professional referral letters and client correspondence
- Demonstrated organisational skills with proven ability to effectively prioritise work and balance competing deadlines to achieve work outcomes
- Experience in working with students. (Desirable)
Applying for the role:
Go to the link Source:Â Uni Roles: Veterinary Clinician (Equine)