Full time epidemiologist job with University of Antwerp | Belgium
Application deadline:¬†10¬†September 2017
NSETHIO, an ERC funded project, to study the cause of nodding syndrome and epilepsy in onchocerciasis endemic countries is looking for a motivated candidate to join the research team as a:¬†Full time epidemiologist
- Participate in a trans-disciplinary research project to identify the cause of nodding syndrome and epilepsy in onchocerciasis endemic regions.
- Supervision of PhD students.
- Visiting research sites in Africa and assisting in coordinating local research activities.
- Report on project progress and results.
- Writing scientific publications on project results.
- Assist in attracting external research funding.
Profile and requirements
- Excellent knowledge of epidemiology, experience with statistical data analysis, and experience in using statistical software (SAS, STATA, or R).
- Experience with participating in a research project in in developing countries (preferably in Africa) is an important asset.
- Excellent organizational skills and able/willing to work in remote places in Africa.
- Strong interest in scientific work; flexible, autonomous, strong sense of initiative and responsibility.
- Good communicative skills, collaborative and multidisciplinary interest.
- Good publication record and experience with grant writing.
- Excellent knowledge of English, both oral and written.
- Good knowledge of French, both oral and written.
- an initial 12 months fixed-term contract for a full-time position, extendable with a minimum of two additional years after positive evaluation. The position can be taken up immediately, but timing can be agreed upon; salary according to university standard remuneration rates, depending on academic qualifications and former professional experience.
How to apply?
- Application deadline:¬†10¬†September 2017
- To apply, please send your curriculum vitae and a summary of your motivation and relevant experience to Prof Robert (Bob) Colebunders,¬†email@example.com.
The University of Antwerp is a family friendly organization, with a focus on equal opportunities and diversity. Our HR-policy for researchers was awarded by the European Commission with the quality label¬†HR Excellence in research.
We support the¬†Science4Refugees¬†initiative and encourage asylum-seeking, refugee scientists and researchers to apply for a job at the University of Antwerp.