Clinical Specialist in Veterinary Cardiology | University of Sydney | Sydney, NSW
Closes 18th of March
- Opportunity to provide a client-focused specialist level Small Animal Cardiology Service
- Located at Camperdown Campus
- Full-time 38 hours, fixed term for 12 months, remuneration package: $150Kp.a. which includes base salary, leave loading and up to 17% super
About the opportunity¬†
The Clinical Specialist in Veterinary Cardiology position provides a high quality small animal cardiology service to clients, with another specialist cardiologist, within the University Veterinary Teaching Hospitals (UVTHS) small animal medicine unit. The small animal cardiology team contributes to the development, teaching and assessment of the small animal medicine curriculum of the School of Veterinary Science. This is a new position building on a busy cardiology service with planned further caseload growth.
In this position, you will:
- provide an excellent small animal cardiology service in UVTHS
- manage/supervise and mentor junior veterinary staff
- assist with the development and maintenance of a financially viable service
- participate in curriculum delivery, development and teaching administration.
The University values courage and creativity; openness and engagement; inclusion and diversity; and respect and integrity. As such, we see the importance in recruiting talent aligned to these values in the pursuit of research excellence. We are looking for a Clinical Specialist in Veterinary Cardiology who possesses:
- Diplomate ECVIM, Diplomate ACVIM permitting registration with the NSW Veterinary Practitioners Board as a Veterinary Cardiologist
- experience in postgraduate and undergraduate teaching and providing clinical instructions
- experience managing, mentoring and supervising staff and students and providing leadership in teaching
- willingness to contribute to after-hours services where necessary including an on-call roster.
For enquiries about the position, please contact Clare Hughes on 02 9114 1154 or¬†email@example.com.
For information about the recruitment process, or if you require reasonable adjustment or support filling out this application,¬†please contact Recruitment Consultant¬†Emmen Saeed¬†on 8627¬†1247 or¬†firstname.lastname@example.org